SOS International LLC Voice Engineer in Washington, District Of Columbia
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
6-181102-8012: Voice Engineer
Location U.S. - Washington, DC
Open Date 11/6/2018
STG, a wholly-owned subsidiary company of SOS International LLC (SOSi), is seeking a Voice Engineer to support the Department of State (IRM and TWD Divisions.) The ideal candidate will possess experience inproviding voice engineering, with a focus on voice/real-time communications.
The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data (TWD) Division provides its users with mission critical domestic LAN/WAN data and voice services across multiple locations in the DC Metro Area. In support of these services, the Voice Engineer provides voice engineering, with a focus on voice/real-time communications.
This Voice Engineer provides project support as well as operations support required for Avaya PBX and Cisco data functions related to telecommunications that includes, but is not limited today-to-day O&M escalation support, system upgrades/enhancements, as well as ongoing projects and day-to-day moves, adds, changes (MACs) working closely with the Integrated Project Data/Voice Lead Engineer. Cisco voice experience will be considered in lieu of Avaya experience.
Description of Daily Duties:
- Supports voice engineering initiatives for all project-related and ongoing operations support for voice communications services.
- Works closely with IPT Data/Voice Lead and IPT Project Managers to review customer requirements and develops basis of estimates (BOEs), consent to purchase (CTP) material forms, circuit order request forms (CORFs)/quotes, and engineering implementation plans for all project-related initiatives.
- Implements and troubleshoots enterprise Voice-related solutions/incidents/system outages.
- Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with Telecommunication
- Recommends and integrate new Telecommunication Voice, Video and Unified Communications technologies.
- Monitors the Telecommunication Network infrastructure and support state-of-the-art Monitoring and Reporting tools for proactive management to minimize outages to phone systems.
Monitors, review, recommend, test, and implement new software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation and trade studies, periodic system refresh
Responds to escalated incidents and service requests from TWD Service Delivery/Operations Teams, coordinates planned maintenance activities, coordinates/facilitates planned/unplanned service outages, and ongoing project-related support activities;
- Frequently communicates with Team Leads on upcoming projects, system maintenance activities, and unplanned events to ensure staff are prepared to support the Department
- Promptly responds to all critical/high and/ or VIP incidents or service requests and resolves within service level targets and/or scheduled timeframes.
Monitors ticket queues are actively monitored to ensure customer tickets and service requests are promptly addressed.
Maintain enterprise awareness of system maintenance and outages, as well as world events that could impact IT operations.
- Communicates all planned/unplanned service outages to management/leads and Senior Watch Officers supporting the IT Operations Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline and/or 5+ years of IT/Voice-related experience in lieu of degree
- Candidate should have recent VoIP experience on an enterprise network, including implementation of QoS for H.323 and/or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) technology
- Strong LAN/WAN/MAN experience with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point, DMVPN, METRO ETHERNET, VPLS, TLS, and MPLS).
- Working knowledge and experience with voice communications systems (Cisco/Avaya)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and documentation skills.
- Self-starter, with a desire to be in a fast-paced large enterprise telecommunications environment.
- Accurate and prompt handling of Telecom administration work and solving of related issues
- Sound reasoning ability together with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to know when to escalate issues before they become critical.
Clearance Requirement : SECRET (S) clearance with the ability to obtain TS and/or TS/SCI.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time; occasional after-hours support may be required for planned/unplanned events
U.S Citizenship Required? Yes
Travel % Required: Some travel may be required (less than 10%)
- Experience with SolarWinds
Experience with many of the following Avaya platform and/or Application components:
Aura Communication Manager 5.2 or greater
- S-Series and COTS Server, MCC/G-Series gateways with ESS and LSP components)
- System Platform, Avaya Virtualization Platform, and Session Manager
- Aura Messaging, and Inuity Audix
- Aura Call Center Elite (EAS) and Advocate ACD call-flow
- Oracle/ACME Packet SBC’s
- Avaya Communications Automatic Route Selection (ARS) and Avaya Automatic Alternative Routing (AAR) in an enterprise environment Desired Certifications (one or more of the following certifications are desired but not required):
- Experience with SolarWinds
- CCNP Voice and/or Data - Cisco Certified Network Professional
- CCNA Voice - Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Avaya Professional Design Specialist (APDS)
- Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS)
- Avaya Certified Support Specialist (ACSS)
- Avaya Certified Solutions Architect (ACSA)