SOS International LLC Cloud Engineer in Washington, District Of Columbia
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
6-181011-7907: Cloud Engineer
Location U.S. - Washington, DC
STG Inc, a wholly-owned subsidiary company of SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking qualified, professional, and experienced Cloud Engineer in Washington, DC. The Cloud Engineer participates in the designs, builds, and implementations of technology in a very collaborative environment with secure cloud solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Collaborate directly with Enterprise Architecture and Security Engineering and other technical and non-technical stakeholders in the design, testing, integration, and implementation of cloud-based solutions.
• Test and implement standards/design patterns to ensure compatibility and integration in cloud environments
• Contribute to the evolution of the Agency’s software development lifecycle through technology enhancements supporting continuous delivery/continuous integration pipeline
• Identify, test, and implement enhancements and automation capabilities for data migrations, security best practices, environment builds, and operational management standards
• Provide leadership to engineering resources with respect to emerging cloud technologies and supporting resources.
• Serve as lead engineering resource on proofs of customer concept and projects that are leveraging cloud based technologies
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
• Build and maintain relationships across departments
• Demonstrate broad knowledge of technology principles, practices, and procedures
• As a technical expert, provide guidance and make recommendations on changes required throughout the design, testing, and implementation process
• Work with management, architects, and engineers to develop artifacts
• Self-manage in a way that allows flexibility to support multiple projects at a any given time
• Support the development of a structured, standardized, and consolidated set of services that optimally support business processes and applications
•BS degree in Computer Science or Business or equivalent experience
•10+ years of overall IT experience
•5+ years experience with Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) services and solutions to include Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or other leading cloud services
•Good organizational, task, and project management skills
•Self-motivated and able to work across diverse technical and non-technical teams
•Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
•Advanced understanding of infrastructure technologies - Server, data store, network, storage, and management technologies
•Experience with IT transformation - data center consolidations and migration
•ITIL (foundational level, but exposure to more detail than foundation is often necessary)
•U.S. citizenship required; ability to obtain a public trust clearance.
•Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
•Cloud systems engineering experience.
•Experience in technical writing
•Experience in proposal support.
•Experience in the Federal or Defense Government IT services industry.
•Normal office working conditions with possible requirement to lift and/or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs.