SOS International LLC Network Planning Analyst in Warner Robins, Georgia
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
5-180801-7363: Network Planning Analyst
Location U.S. - Georgia - Warner Robins
Open Date 8/2/2018
STG, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SOS International LLC (SOSi), is seeking a Network Planning Analyst to support of the United States Air Force in Warner Robins, GA. The ideal candidate will possess experience in network planning and network engineering. The Network Planning Analyst reviews, plans, and evaluates network systems as well as performing a variety of network management services related to the operation of communications networks.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provide documentation, project tracking, and management reporting.
- Provide tactical and strategic input on overall network planning and related projects.
- Facilitate the development of documentation (network designs, drawings, models) to support life cycle management utilizing common software and procedures.
- Develop and conduct ongoing technology specific training guides and maintain training materials as required.
- Manage network related hardware and application performance capability to ensure maximum availability.
- Perform contingency operations planning for systems including crisis emergency management, disaster recovery, and fail-over management.
- Ensure technology employed is up to date to avoid obsolescence and sustainment problems.
- Provide recommendation on proposed technologies for insertion.
- Plans, oversees, develops, and implements network policies and procedures and ensures network integrity as maintenance and modification projects to existing applications are undertaken.
- Provide system installation, operation, and maintenance to include software/hardware release management, upgrades, patches, support, and migration.
- Perform system tuning, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis.
- Creates and maintains documentation relating to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Establishes and documents network technical support processes and procedures.
- Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications.
- Helps establish network standards regarding new technologies and applications.
- Monitors and tests network performance and provides network performance statistics and reports.
- Acts as technical liaison between clients, and customers resolving issues when possible.
- Security Clearance: Secret
Education: High School Diploma
Certifications: CompTIA Security+, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Expertise with Virtual LAN configuration and troubleshooting
- Experienced with wireless security and wireless security management
- Thorough knowledge of routers and switches at the network core
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field
- 2 years of experience in OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) routing protocols
- Aruba Advanced Wireless LAN Field Engineer certification