SOS International LLC Task Order Project Manager (TOPM) in Iraq
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-170711-5613: Task Order Project Manager (TOPM)
Location Overseas - Iraq
Open Date 12/31/2018
**This position is contingent upon contract award**
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Task Order Project Manager (TOPM) who will serve as the lead for all staff and linguist interaction with military points of contact (POCs) in the CENTCOM area of operations. This role is authorized to act on all matters relating to the daily operation of the TO. The TOPM will be responsible for the management of staff and personnel located in ten (10) different countries located throughout the Middle East. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Contract will cover CENTCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR) with primary locations in Kuwait and Baghdad, Iraq (some travel may be required to various sites located throughout the CENTCOM AOR).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Accountable for all aspects of the task order execution and manages the hands-on, day-to-day execution of TO-related operational activities
• Maintain overall responsibility of the administration, safety, health and welfare, and overall management of all linguistic support services that directly support United States military and/or coalition forces
• Responsible for TO PMO operations and resourcing of all Task Order requirements, including linguist staffing, GFE accountability, and tasking responses
• Responsible for meeting all technical, financial, and contractual requirements of the TO
• Responsible for ensuring that management processes and business systems facilitate meeting performance requirements.
• Responsible for acting on all matters relating to the daily operation of the TO
• Responsible for monitoring of key aspects of the program to ensure performance is within the scope of the performance work statement (PWS)
• Site visits to ensure a high level of performance for and satisfaction of the end user. The TOPM will be based out of Iraq and required to travel frequently to other locations within the Middle East
• Perform other duties as assigned
• U.S. passport, and Top Secret/SCI security clearance
• Bachelor's degree in business related field OR an education equivalency of 20 years career in Military (retired at E8 or higher level), AND current PMP Certification OR DAWIA Level III Project Management certification
• Minimum 15 years of management experience, including 10 years of supervisory experience within the last 15 years
• Skills: Has the communication skills to effectively interface with senior military officials, managers, and subordinates both CONUS & OCONUS
• Previous operational experience working with linguists in support of Government operations (Contractor/Military theater experience preferred)
• Experience managing large groups of linguists (100+)
• Having worked in an environment having a significant element of hazard and hardship
• Must be able to live and work in a deployed environment.
• Must have intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Willingness to work extended hours in support of 24/7 operations
• Employee must be detail oriented and organized and must demonstrate time management
• The employee must have the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner as well as the ability to meet deadlines when applicable
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions; however,work long hours for extended periods of time and travel in a high risk environment, frequent travel / site visits are required (travel between locations on foot or by vehicle). Some locations may be remote, high-risk, austere, and geographically diverse