SOS International LLC Financial Analyst in Rock Island, Illinois
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
5-181107-8016: Financial Analyst
Location U.S. - Illinois - Rock Island
Open Date 11/7/2018
SOSi is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Integrated Network Operations Center (INOC) II program in Rock Island, IL. The candidate will provide a full range of business operations services in support of strategic planning and program control for the INOC II program. The candidate will support assigned business operations and program control functions, to include planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of funding levels, estimated funding requirements, financial expenditures. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, working both independently and as an important member of the INOC II Program Management team. This candidate will report to the Program Manager for the INOC II and will work collaboratively with the Program Management and Corporate Operations teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Evaluate, analyze and report project performance. Includes inception to date and forecasts, performance relative to contract value and funding, risk and opportunity identification and management, variance analysis, organic growth pricing and other ad hoc analysis as required.
- Develops and maintains expenditure plans to include level of effort projections as well as depletion dates for current funding.
- Develops and analyzes Estimates To Complete (ETC), maintains program budgets, monitors actual costs and commitments; utilizes actuals to date along with projections in order to properly capture anticipated performance along with ability to effectively communicate range of outcomes / impacts.
- Develops cost estimates for future project performance periods and reports variances against previous projections and pricing standards.
- With limited assistance of the Program Manager, develops and maintains compliant cost models (EACs).
- Prepares project reports to aid program management managers in controlling projects and informing decisions.
- Researches and communicates to management in a timely manner unusual or questionable cost.
- Lead and/or support month end close processes, to include accruals, billing, loss provisions, revenue recognition, petty cash reconciliation, credit card reconciliation, and other essential requirements.
- Supports monthly internal / external financial and program reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Three (3) to Five (5) or more years of related experience in performing related financial analysis work in a Government contracting environment.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Must possess the ability to develop cost models/EACs, pricing models, situational analysis, and related.
- Familiarity with financial accounting close process as it related to U.S. GAAP.
- Familiarity with Government cost accounting standards (CAS) and FAR.
- Excellent business acumen and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to communicate and present complex financial concepts / scenarios to upper level executives.
- Experience with CostPoint 7 is desired, but not required.
- Experience in OCONUS operations
·Fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
·Working conditions as normal for an office environment.