SOS International LLC Vice President for Contracts & Associate General Counsel in Reston, Virginia
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
CORPORATE-180904-7740: Vice President for Contracts & Associate General Counsel
Location U.S. - Virginia - Reston
Open Date 9/4/2018
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking to hire a Vice President for Contracts & Associate General Counsel to join our team in Reston, VA.The Vice President for Contracts & Associate General Counsel is the second most senior position in the Company’s Legal Department. He/she is directly responsible for the Company’s contract operations and for assuming responsibility for all legal, compliance, and ethics matters affecting the Company in the absence of the Executive Vice President and General Counsel.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Representing the company in all aspects of client procurements, including but not limited to: contract and performance reviews, negotiations, bid protests, claims, dispute resolutions, audits, and investigations
- Managing relationships with client contract representatives
- Developing and maintaining firsthand, expert knowledge and understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) Supplement, and other U.S. and international acquisition regulations affecting the Company’s interests
- Staying abreast of, and identifying business risks and opportunities in, Government regulatory and legislative trends
- Helping to develop and manage the Company’s decision-making framework for pursuing new business opportunities
- Reviewing and analyzing contract bid opportunities and draft proposals, and serving as a key participant in the Company’s internal review and approval process for new business pursuits
- Ensuring the Company’s compliance with client solicitation and contract requirements, Company policies, and all applicable laws and regulations
- Hiring, developing, and managing a team of in-house professionals and support staff to oversee all aspects of the Company’s contract requirements, and all phases of the contract lifecycle, from capture to closeout
- Managing and coordinating contracts support for the Company’s functional departments and business units, including but not limited to: drafting, reviewing, and approving contract, subcontract, and other legal document templates; supporting vendor agreement negotiations; and performing and/or commissioning research in support of new business pursuits
- Providing expert legal guidance to the Company’s business unit leaders with regard to contract terms, negotiations, risks, and opportunities
- Helping to develop the Company’s policies and enforcing those specifically pertaining to contracts management and compliance
- Negotiating legal agreements and overseeing the Company’s contractual relationships with clients, banks, partners, vendors, subcontractors, employees, consultants, and other professional parties in the absence of the EVP & General Counsel
- Developing and overseeing litigation strategy in the absence of the EVP & General Counsel, and initiating and/or defending U.S. Government and commercial bid protests and claim submissions, when required
- Helping to develop and manage the Company’s Legal Department budget
- Procuring and managing outside services, including but not limited to external legal counsel and third party due diligence investigation services
- Performing other tasks and supporting other Company objectives, as required
- Juris Doctor or equivalent degree from an accredited institution
- Member of the Virginia Bar or qualified for Virginia Corporate Counsel status
- At least 15 years of U.S. Government contracting experience gained through a combination of working at a major law firm, for the U.S. Government, and/or as an in-house corporate counsel for a major U.S. Government contractor, with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of U.S. federal procurement laws, including, but not limited to the FAR and DFAR Supplement
- Exceptional demonstrated business acumen, judgment, and negotiating skills
- Solution-oriented mindset
- Exceptional demonstrated leadership, management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Exceptional demonstrated contract drafting skills
- Experience supporting M&A negotiations and transactions
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task in a fast-paced business environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and high work quality
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Top Secret security clearance
- M.B.A. Degree
Experience as a business entrepreneur or business leader WORK ENVIRONMENT
Normal office working conditions with possible requirement to lift and/or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs.
- Domestic and international travel, including to austere high-threat locations, such as Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights, weekends, and/or holidays when necessary