SOS International LLC Moldova Media Analyst in Reston, Virginia
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
EXOVERA-181105-8014: Moldova Media Analyst
Location U.S. - Virginia - Reston
Open Date 11/5/2018
Exovera LLC (www.exovera.com) a wholly-owned subsidiary of SOSi, is seeking a Moldovan Media Analyst , to join our team. The winning candidate will be fluent in Moldovan(both verbal and written) and will be an outstanding writer in English. Additional fluency in Russian would also be an asset. The analyst must have an analytic mind and a sophisticated understanding of local and regional current events. We are looking for proven experience in high-pace fields such as journalism, strategic communications, public relations, intelligence, political consulting, and the like. Familiarity with Estonia and the surrounding region is strongly preferred. Experience with social media, information technology, and analytics are also advantages.
The Moldova Analyst is part of a team and may be required to work on a variable shift schedule, which may include evening and weekend shifts. Work will include monitoring and analyzing local and regional, print, broadcast, and social media sources.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Monitors Moldovan-language print, broadcast, and social news media sources and selects content according to variable customer requirements
- Writes succinct synopses and analytic overviews in professional English highlighting and assessing key information
- Contributes to a team of media analysts and provides original analysis pieces related to Moldovan (and possibly Russian) media content and coverage
- Interacts with a range of online tools, including media aggregators, basic analysis systems and databases (training is provided)
- May respond to customer inquiries and correspondence
- Post-graduatedegree in a relevant discipline such as International Relations, Political Science, History, Sociology, or related field
- Strong interest and knowledge of regional and global current events
- Native fluency ornear nativefluency in Moldovan is required
- Additional fluency in Russian would be an asset
- Proven skill and experience (at least 2 years) in a position involving writing in professional English
- Ability to quickly process and organize large amounts of information and identify and assess items of greatest importance
- Experience related to monitoring and sophisticated analysis, including an ability to identify biases and remain objective.
- Comfort and experience managing information in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated comfort with information technology and multimedia software, including publishing and analytics tools
- Maturity, honesty, and integrity
- Ability/flexibility and temperament to work on a shift schedule, occasionally on short notice
Exovera LLC (www.exovera.com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of defense contractor SOSi, has been providing media services and technology solutions for government and military operations around the world since 2006. Exovera NarrativesTM is a unique platform that harnesses the value of big (media) data across hundreds of thousands traditional and social media sources to analyze campaign engagement at scale. We enable communications professionals and influencers to a) understand what their audiences are thinking based on their media consumption, b) refine their messaging and c) measure their campaign ROI.