SOS International LLC HVAC Technician (TS/SCI) in Doha, Qatar
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-171005-6098: HVAC Technician (TS/SCI)
Location Overseas - Qatar - Doha
Open Date 10/5/2017
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking an experienced Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems Mechanic to perform various technical and non-technical activities in the support of facilities maintenance overseas in Qatar. Equipment ranges from residential to industrial and commercial equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Inspections, maintain, repair and install HVAC equipment (chillers, air handling units, VAV Boxes, variable frequency drives, fan coil units, DX systems, duct, filters etc.) and maintain available back-up assets on hand to ensure operational levels.
• Validate and oversee testing and commissioning of HVAC systems and ensure that O&M manuals and documents are completed.
• Ensure all installations are in compliance with local regulations, and that the unit will provide efficient heating and air conditioning for the spaces.
• Check for ventilation efficiency of the system and make adjustments if necessary.
• Shall maintain a computerized database maintenance log of all preventative maintenance inspections (PMIs) done on HVAC to include any major component change or replaced item. Contractor shall identify critical parts to have on hand and get additional technical help within a 24-48 hour time period.
• Able to read as-built drawings and participate in any design package reviews or field surveys for all sustainment, repair and enhancement projects.
• Perform Quality Assurance monitoring of others performing HVAC work and prepare reports.
• Perform preventive level III maintenance tasks on complex equipment
• Active TS/SCI security clearance
• At least seven years’ of HVAC with package units and split units.
• At minimum five years’ experience with air conditioning units from five ton condenser units to 383 ton chillers.
• Completion of an HVAC/Refrigeration Apprentice or HVAC certification program.
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent education required
• Current US Driver’s license
•Understanding of the Air Force or Army culture, language and expectations for mission success
•Working conditions are normal for an office environment
•Overseas travel within the CENTCOM Area of Responsibility is anticipated
•Ability to lift and/or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs