SOS International LLC Native Somali Language Analyst/Translator in Central Maryland, Maryland
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-181031-7959: Native Somali Language Analyst/Translator
Location U.S. - Maryland - Central Maryland
Open Date 10/31/2018
*This position is contingent upon contract award**
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a native Somali Language Analyst/Translator to provide native language and cultural expertise while performing translation and analysis tasks on language material in support of U.S. Government requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- The position requires the language analyst to comprehend mixed-media (audio, audio/visual, or print) in the Somali language and render that material into clear, complete, idiomatically and grammatically correct English, in verbatim or summary form as required
- Candidates must be native speakers of the Somali language, who have been formally educated in Somalia and via the Somali language for at least ten (10) years
- Candidates must possess at least a High School Diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Candidates must be U.S citizens and must be willing to undergo a background investigation and polygraph to establish eligibility for the security access required
- Candidates must demonstrate sufficient levels of Somali and English translation proficiency (at Skill Level 3 on the ILR Scale) by successful test performance, which may include testing of English Writing ability and in translation of written and/or audio material into standard American English language
- Candidates are required to have basic computer and keyboarding skills
- Candidates should be prepared to provide biographical details such as date and place of birth, date of immigration to the U.S., date U.S. citizenship granted, and history of formal education and employment
- Normal work hours are Monday through Friday; rare occasions of evening or weekend work may be required
- Job location is at a corporate facility in Central Maryland